Over the next 15 days, we shall have an overview of Social Media Integrity as regards God’s Agenda for Nigeria. By this we will refer to how we shall take INTEGRITY to the public arena. Before we begin to do that however, we should have an idea of what social media is and what constitutes integrity at the use of social media. Some of our sources include Wikipedia and others. Reference are posted.
7 Characteristics of Social Media.
1. Web space
The website should provide the users free space to upload content.
2. Web address
The users are given a unique web address that becomes their web identity. They thereafter can post and share all their content on this address.
3. Build profiles
Users are is asked to enter personal details like name, address, date of birth, school/college education, professional details etc. The site then use the personal data to connect individuals.
4. Connect with friends
Users are encouraged to post personal and professional updates about themselves. The site then becomes a platform to connect friends and relatives.
5. Upload content in real time
Users are provided the tools to post content in real time. This content can be text, images, audio, video or even symbolic likes and dislikes.The last post comes first, giving the site freshness.
6. Enable conversations
Members are given the rights to comment on posts made by friends and relatives. The conversations are a great social connect.
7. Posts have time stamp
All posts are time stamped, making it easy to follow posts.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
The risks you need to be aware of are:
- cyber bullying (bullying using digital technology)
- invasion of privacy.
- identity theft.
- your child seeing offensive images and messages.
- the presence of strangers who may be there to ‘groom’ other members.
BENEFITS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
DANGERS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
INTEGRITY RISK AMD USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN THE WORKPLACE
JOIN ME TO PRAY THE FOLLOWING PRAYERS:
- Father, social media is good as a tool in furthering your kingdom; let it continue to be used and in particular as an instrument of righteousness, one that will enhance the birthing of your agenda in Nigeria.
- Give us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the use of social media.
- Let your mountain of media surpass and completely submerge that of the secular.
- We bind the demons that are helping the secular world to establish evil in Jesus name. Therefore we cast away all the evils of fake news, cyber bullying, cyber thefts and all the like.
- We cast away every weakness that provides a tendency towards idolizing the tools of social media.
- We enthrone integrity in social media and ask that people of God will rise up to its use in righteousness in Jesus name.