a) Today, we shall spend some time again, to look at the 9 fold fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22,23. Check the verses from KJV and NIV (UK) editions of the Bible and match the components of the fruit from the two editions:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23 NIVUK
Now go back and read in KJV edition from verse 19 of the same chapter. Why did Apostle Paul bring the works of the flesh and fruit of the Spirit in close proximity? He wants us to know that when we live and walk in the spirit, we can subdue and shake off the works or deeds of the flesh.
Look at F. B. Meyer’s commentary on the subject: “As we live and walk in the Spirit, we are safe. The Holy Spirit brings influences to bear which act upon the germs of sin, as a disinfectant upon the germs of disease. If we yield ourselves to these influences, and are filled with the Spirit of Jesus, we shall be delivered from the self-life, which the Apostle describes as the flesh. Free indeed from what the Spirit has spoken so expressly will happen in the last days. As Jesus is formed more and more in us, the new flower and fruitage of the risen life will appear, while the corrupt works of the flesh will shrink and drop away” BRETHREN, LET US DO THIS.
b) Carry out 15-minute spiritual exercises twice.
- Expressions of love to God x10 (through songs, psalms, personal words and songs in tongues)
- Take spiritual vitamins: make declaration that works of the flesh be subdued in your life (Gal 5:19-21);
I mortify my members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, as well as covetousness, which is idolatry. In addition, I put off anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy and filthy communication out of my mouth (Colossians 3:5,8). I refuse to lie and I crucify the flesh with it’s lusts, passions, affections and desires.
I put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ; I cause the 9 fold fruit of the spirit to mature, multiply and find expression in my life. This is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. (Gal 5:22-24).
3. Heavenly Father, I thank You today, because You are my Father. Because I have been born again, I am Your very own child, and You are my very own Father. Thank You, for Your great plan of redemption which you planned and then sent the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate. Thank You, that this plan of redemption not only provided for the remission of sins and the New Birth, but provided for healing for my physical body. For it is written in Matthew 8:17 that Himself, Jesus, took my infirmities and bare my sicknesses. What He bore, I need not bear. Because He bore my infirmities, because He bore my sicknesses, I’m healed; I’m free. I no longer have sickness. I no longer have disease. Jesus bore sickness and disease for me. It is also written in First Peter 2:24, “By whose stripes ye were healed.” If we were healed, I was healed. I am therefore well. I believe that in my heart, and because I believe that in my heart, I say it with my mouth. By His stripes, I am healed. Hallelujah!
4. I was dead in trespasses and sins; walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, but God has raised me up and made me to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:1-2, 6-7. Because the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in me, He that raised up Christ from the dead also quickens or makes alive my mortal body by His Spirit that dwells in me. Romans 8:11.
- I receive the manifestations of the Spirit in my life and I covet the vocal inspiration gifts as well as revelation and power gifts. I manifest them in the name of the Lord Jesus (I Cor. 12:31). In particular, I covet the gift of Prophecy to empower me to engage my spirit in worship and praise of God and to expand and transform my vocabulary from carnal to spiritual. I receive boldness as I declare God’s words with clarity and power.
c) Pray for 1 hour in the Spirit
d) Refresh your spirit every 2 hours.
e) Worship 30 minutes at Night