a) Study the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit, from I Corinthians 12. Also study II Kings 6:8 – 7:2 and answer the questions:
In the short 2 Kings passage:
1) identity and write down all the gifts of the Spirit that you can identity.
2) Among all the gifts Paul indicated in I Corinthians 12:8-10, which two gifts could you not identity in the II Kings passage?
3) Why were they not exhibited?
Check out II Kings 6:23c again.
4) What major benefit came out from manifestations of the Spirit?
5) Can you identity any great benefit in exercising gifts of the Spirit in present clime?
6) Which gift(s) of the Spirit is(are) operational in your life? Go on, allow these to mature in you. Also earnestly covet (desire) the best gifts. ASK THE LORD.
Take note of the following testimony
The manifestations of the Gifts of the Spirit in my life
I have found the manifestations of the gifts of the Spirit awesome experiences since I embarked on this aspect of spiritual exercises.
The lifestyle changes as a result:
In general, the gifts of the Spirit are to enable, empower and strengthen the Christian against dependence on the flesh and money! They bring powerful lifestyle changes
And that is big deal.
The entire ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ was riveted on the manifestations of all the nine gifts of the Spirit.
Manifestations of the supernatural:
The gifts of the Spirit bring the supernatural dimensions into the life of the Christian.
In other words, constraints against impossibility are lifted off!
Imagine you can access the knowledge server of God, you have access to mysteries and secrets…
You can raise the dead and heal the sick and do those things that money and man cannot do even when you have them!
Manifestations of the gifts bring you into the dimensions of the sons of God:
In Rom 8:19 …your community, your LG, your State and Nigeria are all waiting for the manifestations of the sons of God. They are waiting for you to wow them with the power of God. Remember when Phillip alone went into Samaria in Acts 8. He alone took the city captive through the Vocal gifts and the Power gifts.
I always preach this; if the Samaritans were looking for a Governor at that time, tell me who would they choose ….Evangelist Phillip!!!
Step into it and make God proud of you.
The manifestations of the gifts of the Spirit will take you into the realm of innovators, inventors and creators:
In particular, the revelation gifts of word of Knowledge will make available source codes, formulas, ideas, strategies new products and services, value added to raw materials.
You will be enriched. And have more time for intimacy with God because you are less distracted but more empowered to do extraordinary things.
I can continue and continue …
So bro, let’s take the spiritual exercises on the gifts of the Spirit to a whole new level.
Do it three times a day …morning , afternoon and evening
Do the exercises when you are working on an idea or a scheme… just connect with Holy Spirit to release the gifts.
Let’s do this …now
b) Carry out 15-minute spiritual exercises twice.
- Expressions of love to God x10 (through songs, psalms, personal words and songs in tongues)
- Take spiritual vitamins: make declaration that works of the flesh be subdued in your life (Gal 5:19-21);
I mortify my members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, as well as covetousness, which is idolatry. In addition, I put off anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy and filthy communication out of my mouth (Colossians 3:5,8). I refuse to lie and I crucify the flesh with it’s lusts, passions, affections and desires.
I put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ; I cause the 9 fold fruit of the spirit to mature, multiply and find expression in my life. This is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. (Gal 5:22-24).
3. Heavenly Father, I thank You today, because You are my Father. Because I have been born again, I am Your very own child, and You are my very own Father. Thank You, for Your great plan of redemption which you planned and then sent the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate. Thank You, that this plan of redemption not only provided for the remission of sins and the New Birth, but provided for healing for my physical body. For it is written in Matthew 8:17 that Himself, Jesus, took my infirmities and bare my sicknesses. What He bore, I need not bear. Because He bore my infirmities, because He bore my sicknesses, I’m healed; I’m free. I no longer have sickness. I no longer have disease. Jesus bore sickness and disease for me. It is also written in First Peter 2:24, “By whose stripes ye were healed.” If we were healed, I was healed. I am therefore well. I believe that in my heart, and because I believe that in my heart, I say it with my mouth. By His stripes, I am healed. Hallelujah!
4. I was dead in trespasses and sins; walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, but God has raised me up and made me to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:1-2, 6-7. Because the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in me, He that raised up Christ from the dead also quickens or makes alive my mortal body by His Spirit that dwells in me. Romans 8:11.
- I receive the manifestations of the Spirit in my life and I covet the vocal inspiration gifts as well as revelation and power gifts. I manifest them in the name of the Lord Jesus (I Cor. 12:31). In particular, I covet the gift of Prophecy to empower me to engage my spirit in worship and praise of God and to expand and transform my vocabulary from carnal to spiritual. I receive boldness as I declare God’s words with clarity and power.
c) Pray for 1 hour in the Spirit
d) Refresh your spirit every 2 hours.
e) Worship 30 minutes at Night