a) BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS.
In Romans 12:1,2 Paul requests an important thing of us. Read on:
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Romans 12:1-2 MSG.
Also, study Romans 6:12-14 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-6
That means you must not give sin a vote in the way you conduct your lives. Don’t give it the time of day. Don’t even run little errands that are connected with that old way of life. Throw yourselves wholeheartedly and full-time—remember, you’ve been raised from the dead!—into God’s way of doing things. Sin can’t tell you how to live. After all, you’re not living under that old tyranny any longer. You’re living in the freedom of God.
Romans 6:12-14 MSG
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 KJV
We are to present every aspect of our lives to God as a living sacrifice. This will enable us to have transformed attitudes, emotions and of all our minds. We should allow the weapon of our warfare to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Let your thought process be under your control. We are able to do this as Paul says, “sin shall not have dominion over you”. The Lord will help us.
b) Carry out 15-minute spiritual exercises twice.
- Expressions of love to God x10 (through songs, psalms, personal words and songs in tongues)
- Take spiritual vitamins: make declaration that works of the flesh be subdued in your life (Gal 5:19-21);
I subdue the works of the flesh which are: adultery, fornication, including all forms of sexual immorality, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, envy, anger, outbursts of wrath, malice, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, murders, drunkenness, revelries, filthy communication and the like; I crucify the flesh with it’s lusts, passions, affections and desires.
I put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ; I cause the 9 fold fruit of the spirit to mature, multiply and find expression in my life. This is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. (Gal 5:22-24).
- God has delivered me from the power of darkness and has translated me into the kingdom of His dear son (Col. 1:13); I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus and my sins are forgiven (Col. 1:14); Hallelujah, I am the righteousness of God in Christ and I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4). Because Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law, I am free from sin, sickness and poverty. (Galatians 3: 13)
4) I was dead in trespasses and sins; walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, but God has raised me up and made me to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:1-2, 6-7. Because the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in me, He that raised up Christ from the dead also quickens or makes alive my mortal body by His Spirit that dwells in me. Romans 8:11.
- I receive the manifestations of the Spirit in my life and I covet the vocal inspiration gifts as well as revelation and power gifts. I manifest them in the name of the Lord Jesus (I Cor. 12:31). In particular, I covet the gift of Prophecy to empower me to engage my spirit in worship and praise of God and to expand and transform my vocabulary from carnal to spiritual. I receive boldness as I declare God’s words with clarity and power.
- Reflect on 1 to 4, communicate with the Lord listen to Him speak to you.
GOD IS SPEAKING, ARE YOU LISTENING?
c) Pray for 1 hour in the Spirit
d) Refresh your spirit every 2 hours.
e) Worship 30 minutes at Night
This Post Has One Comment
I thank God for grace to not be confirmed to the world around me