a) Work on your PURPOSE with Holy Spirit.. discuss the content, strategy and the modality:
What is the purpose of your engagement here, on this side of eternity, in this part of the world and at this timing of your life? Appropriate what God said to Jeremiah to yourself:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you [and approved of you as My chosen instrument], And before you were born I consecrated you [to Myself as My own]; I have appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5 (AMP).
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5 NIV
The simple truth is that you had been in God’s plan before the creation of heaven and the earth. God already had a plan to duplicate Himself into you (since He created you in His image) to establish His agenda in Nigeria in you before you were conceived. Succinctly you are designed for the purpose of becoming God’s weapon for a time like this.
What is the CONTENT, what is the STRATEGY AND what is the THE MODALITY of your purpose?
Pray over the content of your purpose asking Holy Spirit to help you to achieve.
Also study the following verse and make the declaration over yourself:
Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms; Jeremiah 51:20 KJV. Read the details of what you have been destined to break in the three verses that follow.
Best-selling author, Rick Warren said, “The best use
of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it.” Hence, life starts when you begin to live your life for something that is bigger than you. If you are not living for something bigger than you, then consider yourself not quite fulfilled yet.
The following worksheet is from Samuel Adeosun’s book “Roadmap to purpose discovery”
Through honest and objective self-assessment of
yourself, you can arrive at defining yourself the way God defines you. This worksheet seeks to promote self definition, as well as give you room to write out your
answers, so that you may refer to them later and remind yourself of what you’ve been designed to become. Answer the questions below:
- What are my potentials?
- What do I love or enjoy doing without stress?
- What brings me joy or fulfilment anytime I engage?
- Where do I find myself itching or desiring to cause a change?
- How do I plan to contribute to humanity with my potentials?
- What legacy am I planning to leave for generations to come and how do I plan to do that?
- Who am i?
b) Carry out the 15-minute spiritual exercises twice as detailed in activity b below.
15 MINUTE SPIRITUAL EXERCISE PACKAGE.
- Expressions of love to God x10 (through songs, psalms, personal words and songs in tongues)
- Take spiritual vitamins: make declaration that works of the flesh be subdued in your life (Gal 5:19-21);
I subdue the works of the flesh which are: adultery, fornication, including all forms of sexual immorality, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, envy, anger, outbursts of wrath, malice, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, murders, drunkenness, revelries, filthy communication and the like; I crucify the flesh with it’s lusts, passions, affections and desires.
I have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ; I cause the 9 fold fruit of the spirit to mature, multiply and find expression in my life. This is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. (Gal 5:22-24).
- God has delivered me from the power of darkness and has translated me into the kingdom of His dear son (Col. 1:13); I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus and my sins are forgiven (Col. 1:14); Hallelujah, I am the righteousness of God in Christ and I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4). Because Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law, I am free from sin, sickness and poverty. (Galatians 3: 13)
4) I was dead in trespasses and sins; walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, but God has raised me up and made me to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me through Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:1-2, 6-7
- I receive the manifestations of the Spirit in my life and I covet the vocal inspiration gifts as well as revelation and power gifts and I manifest them in the name of the Lord
Jesus (I Cor. 12:31).
- Reflect on 1 to 4, communicate with the Lord listen to Him speak to you.
GOD IS SPEAKING, ARE YOU LISTENING?
c) Pray 2 hours in the Spirit
e) Refresh your spirit every 2 hours.
f) Worship for 30 minutes in the night.