a) Study Romans 6:1-14 and 8:1-14.
We are to consider ourselves dead to sin but alive in Christ
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:5-8 NIV
WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO:
“Walking in the Holy Spirit” by Dr. Charles Stanley
b) Carry out 15-minute spiritual exercises twice.
- Expressions of love to God x10 (through songs, psalms, personal words and songs in tongues)
- Take spiritual vitamins: make declaration that works of the flesh be subdued in your life (Gal 5:19-21);
I mortify my members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, as well as covetousness, which is idolatry. In addition, I put off anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy and filthy communication out of my mouth (Colossians 3:5,8). I refuse to lie and I crucify the flesh with it’s lusts, passions, affections and desires.
I put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ; I cause the 9 fold fruit of the spirit to mature, multiply and find expression in my life. This is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. (Gal 5:22-24).
3. Heavenly Father, I thank You today, because You are my Father. Because I have been born again, I am Your very own child, and You are my very own Father. Thank You, for Your great plan of redemption which you planned and then sent the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate. Thank You, that this plan of redemption not only provided for the remission of sins and the New Birth, but provided for healing for my physical body. For it is written in Matthew 8:17 that Himself, Jesus, took my infirmities and bare my sicknesses. What He bore, I need not bear. Because He bore my infirmities, because He bore my sicknesses, I’m healed; I’m free. I no longer have sickness. I no longer have disease. Jesus bore sickness and disease for me. It is also written in First Peter 2:24, “By whose stripes ye were healed.” If we were healed, I was healed. I am therefore well. I believe that in my heart, and because I believe that in my heart, I say it with my mouth. By His stripes, I am healed. Hallelujah!
4. I was dead in trespasses and sins; walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, but God has raised me up and made me to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:1-2, 6-7. Because the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in me, He that raised up Christ from the dead also quickens or makes alive my mortal body by His Spirit that dwells in me. Romans 8:11.
- I receive the manifestations of the Spirit in my life and I covet the vocal inspiration gifts as well as revelation and power gifts. I manifest them in the name of the Lord Jesus (I Cor. 12:31). In particular, I covet the gift of Prophecy to empower me to engage my spirit in worship and praise of God and to expand and transform my vocabulary from carnal to spiritual. I receive boldness as I declare God’s words with clarity and power.
c) Pray for 1 hour in the Spirit
d) Refresh your spirit every 2 hours.
e) Worship 30 minutes at Night